The mission of Network Services is to provide computing infrastructure and support to Stony Brook and to foster the use of advancements and innovations in computing and networking technologies. Network Services objectives are:
- Accessible: the network should be easily available to every member of the Stony Brook Medicine community
- Reliable: the network should be available and functioning properly
- High Performance: the network should support the fastest industry standard protocols and perform at or above specified levels.
- Integrity: IT shall maintain the integrity of the network and ensure adherence to network standards
- Customer Oriented: Provide services in a way that maximizes overall customer satisfaction